A Dazzling Talent Across Entertainment
By Guillaume Jean Lefebvre
From dance studios to Hollywood, Indi Star's journey has been a dynamic exploration of her multifaceted talents. This rising star, known for dancing, acting, singing, modeling, and content creation, began her artistic pursuits at a young age. Now, based in Los Angeles, she seamlessly navigates various forms of expression, creating a unique and impactful presence in the entertainment industry.
Indi's latest single, "Hurt A Little," showcases a newfound energy, offering listeners a mature sound that delves into the complexities of post-relationship emotions. Beyond music, Indi has amassed a substantial following on platforms like YouTube and TikTok, where she not only shares her experiences but also serves as an inspiration, especially for her younger audience.
Passionate about mental health advocacy, Indi emphasizes the importance of resilience in facing life's challenges. Her career highlights include collaborations with iconic brands like Samsung and Marvel, a nod to her dream of becoming a Marvel superhero.
As she ventures into podcasting, music, and further explores the realms of fashion and beauty, Indi Star continues to captivate audiences with her authenticity and vibrant creativity. Grateful for her fans' unwavering support, Indi Star stands as a testament to the power of talent and dedication in the entertainment world.
1. Your journey from dancing to acting, singing, modeling, and content creation is impressive. Can you tell us what inspired you to explore such a diverse range of talents?
I started dancing at age 3 at my local dance studio and then started taking piano and singing lessons at around 6. It wasn’t at a professional level until I moved to LA around age 8. I took dance and voice lessons when I got to LA and then started acting and kind of just kept going with everything. To me, it’s all just different ways to express myself and being that I am actually a pretty shy person, I really took to the performing arts because it allowed me to express myself in a way that felt safe to me! I’m really lucky that I have had success doing what I love!
2. Your latest single, "Hurt A Little," is set to release soon. Could you share the inspiration behind the song and what listeners can expect from it?
Hurt A Little is actually out now on all major streaming platforms! I am super proud of this song and it’s definitely my favorite song I have done to date! I feel like this song is a bit higher energy than some of my past songs and more Iike the direction I am going with my music. I feel I am at the stage in my life and my singing where I am finding out who I truly am as an artist. It’s a somewhat dark look at the ending of a relationship where you feel like the other person is not hurting from the loss of the relationship and you want them to feel the same pain you are feeling.
Photographer: Ben Cope
3. Being a content creator on platforms like YouTube and TikTok, you've built a massive following. What do you enjoy most about engaging with your fans through these platforms?
I really do love engaging with my followers through social media. I just like sharing my experiences and having people connect with what I am doing. A lot of my fans are younger, and I think in a way they look up to influencers and I try my best to be a good inspiration and role model for them.
4. Besides entertainment, you're also passionate about philanthropic endeavors. Can you tell us more about the causes that are close to your heart and your involvement in them?
I am very passionate about mental health. Everyone at one point or another has had some struggles with mental health and it’s very important to tackle those struggles and have a strong mindset.
5. You've worked with renowned brands like Samsung and Marvel. What have been some of the most memorable moments or campaigns in your career so far?
I did a commercial for Marvel when I was about 10 where I played Spider Gwen complete with costume! It was for their new doll line at the time. One of my biggest acting dreams is to play a superhero for Marvel so I feel I had a little piece of that dream come true!
6. As a young artist, what advice do you have for aspiring talents who want to pursue a career in the entertainment industry?
The best advice I can give is to work hard and take it seriously because you are up against others who are doing just that! You have to be committed to whatever it is you want to do and be willing to put the time in. My second piece of advice is to put your trust in the right people. When it’s time for representation and management, take your time finding the right one!
7. Your energy and positivity shine through in your content. How do you stay motivated and creative in your work, especially when faced with challenges?
Social media can be a challenging space and there is a lot of negativity. I love that social media gives me an outlet for my creativity and I have learned that the best content you can make is authentic to you content. People can see the difference between who you are vs what you are posting, and the best connections always come from authentic content!
8. What can we expect from Indi Star in the coming years? Are there any exciting projects or collaborations on the horizon?
I have a few things in the works. I am starting a podcast with one of my best friends. I am excited for the SAG strike to come to an end to be able to get back to auditioning! I am working on more new music, and I have really started to get into fashion more in the past couple years with attending NYFW and Paris FW. I find that a lot of my content is trending towards more of a beauty and fashion style which I am excited about!
9. Lastly, if you could send a message to your fans and supporters, what would it be?
I would thank them for standing by me after all this time and thank them for finding value in what I have to offer!
10. If you could give advice to your younger self, what would it be?
I would tell my younger self that you are stronger than you think and to always look for the good in bad situations. Treat any setback as a learning experience and to take time and enjoy all the little moments.
Quality, not quantity
We have made quality our habit. It’s not something that we just strive for – we live by this principle every day.