Introducing Jojo Huxford:
A Digital Art Visionary
By Guillaume Jean Lefebvre
In the world of digital artistry, where pixels are brushstrokes and creativity knows no bounds, one name stands out — Jojo Huxford. Join us as we explore the vibrant artistic realm of this visionary artist.
Born against the backdrop of New England's captivating landscapes, Jojo's artistic journey began with a simple paintbrush, slowly evolving into a dynamic fusion of traditional and digital art. With a deep-rooted love for the sea, the sky, and the beauty of nature, Jojo's art has become a vivid reflection of their surroundings.
Jojo's work is characterized by powerful strokes, rich textures, and an explosion of colors. From evocative portraits that convey emotions to abstract creations that ignite the imagination, Jojo's artistry has found its place in the hearts of art enthusiasts worldwide.
In this interview, we'll delve into Jojo's artistic roots, explore the transition to digital art, and uncover the diverse influences that have shaped this remarkable talent. Discover the intricate creative process that breathes life into each of Jojo's captivating digital artworks.
Prepare to step into the world of Jojo Huxford, where technology and artistry harmonize, and the extraordinary emerges from every brushstroke.
Stay tuned for our exclusive interview with Jojo Huxford, available right here in Eclair Magazine!
1. Can you tell us about your beginnings as an artist? How did you discover your passion for art?
- I discovered my passion for art many years ago. I was at home dealing with a knee issue, so I decided to try painting. I fell in love with various painting techniques like watercolor, inks, and pastels. It brought me immense joy and inspiration.
2. Where are you from, and how has your place of birth or your childhood influenced your artistic work?
- I was born in New England, USA. I spent many summers on Cape Cod and Nantucket, and those experiences have greatly influenced my art. My work often reflects what I love: the ocean, the sky, flowers, sailboats, and the beauty of nature.
3. Could you explain what led you to embrace digital art over traditional artistic mediums?
- A close friend of mine recommended trying digital art, as it's a contemporary trend in the art world. I took the leap and fell in love with it right away. While mastering the various techniques can be a bit challenging, once you grasp them, digital art becomes a fantastic addition to the art world.
4. How would you describe your unique artistic style? Are there any artists or movements that have inspired you?
- My artistic style is characterized by bold strokes, vibrant colors, and rich textures. I create a wide range of art, including portraits, landscapes, and abstracts. I often merge traditional and digital art techniques. Some of my favorite artists who have inspired me include Salvador Dali, Georgia O'Keeffe, Picasso, and BASQUIAT. I admire their brilliant works.
5. Tell us about your creative process when working on digital artwork. What are the key stages of your work?
- I start with an idea, and my work evolves from there. I stay in the moment and let my intuition guide me. I'm never certain which direction I'll take, but I always recognize when a piece is complete, and I'm usually quite content with the final result.
6. What themes or subjects are you most passionate about and enjoy exploring through your art?
- I have a passion for creating portraits, especially focusing on capturing the eyes, expressions, emotions, and thoughts behind each subject. Additionally, I love delving into abstract art, playing with vibrant colors and textures.
7. How has digital technology expanded your artistic possibilities?
- Digital technology has vastly expanded my artistic horizons. It offers endless creative avenues, and the possibilities are limitless. I've truly embraced and enjoyed working with digital tools.
8. Can you share a significant experience or a particular story related to one of your artworks?
- One of my early artworks was a mermaid. I painted her with a deep love for the sea, the ocean, its waves, and the sky. Some say she resembles me in certain aspects. This piece holds a special place in my heart as it was one of the first artworks displayed in the Van Der Plas Art Gallery in New York City, marking the beginning of my artistic journey.
9. As a digital artist, how do you address the challenge of preserving your works in a constantly evolving technological world?
- I take various steps to preserve my works. I often print them and store them in my studio, carefully matting and framing many of them in beautiful plein air frames. Additionally, I back up all my work on USB drives. My artworks are stored in protective plastic and bubble wrap, placed in canvas bags for safekeeping in my studio, ensuring their longevity.
10. What are your future artistic projects and goals? Are there any upcoming exhibitions or collaborations you'd like to share for 2023/2024?
- I have a list of exciting exhibitions, books, magazine features, and collaborations lined up for the end of 2023 and throughout 2024. Stay tuned for updates on my upcoming artistic endeavors!
Quality, not quantity
We have made quality our habit. It’s not something that we just strive for – we live by this principle every day.